Monday, July 13, 2009

Samantha's First Impression.

What was your first impression on Second Life and meeting with Dr. Giuseppe Russo?
My first impression on second life, I thought that it was very cool and a challenge. But it is also a long very long project. This is something that I have never experience. It gives you a chance to show you’re creative and imagination. I was surprised to hear that some business, researchers, doctors, students, the entertainment industry etc. actually uses this virtual world. At first when I hear about second life I thought about the Sims. But when I saw it its better then Sims. To me this gives you a chance to create a world of your own. Something far more perfect from reality. Somewhere you can be yourself or a total new person.

Meeting with Dr. Giuseppe Russo was very informational. He informed me and my group a lot about Second Life. Even though it was quite hard to understand him because of his heavy accent. We were showed a video that really touched my heart. It was about a man whose wife was in a coma, created a virtual world. He creates buildings and things that you see on the street. But he also created a flower. The flower was the last thing that he wife saw before the coma. I almost cried when I show this video.



What are your expectations?

What I expect to get out of this program is knowledge. I say that because I doesn’t hurt the learn or try new and exciting things. For me this program has taught me new things and the things that I do know I have a better understanding of it. This is a great opportunity for teens like me who have dreams and goals that they want to reach in life. Even though it is a limit time period. It has given me a chance to meet and make some new friends.

2 comments:

  1. thats sounds like a good movie to watch life is kinda like a giant flower you never know how its going to grow you just have to wait and see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly agree with your expectations, because when I first started this program I wasn't really sure what to expect. Now I have made new friends and have experienced what it is like on a college campus!
    Sharday

    ReplyDelete